Monday, August 1, 2011

From The Ground Up

Our family is currently in the process of building a new home. When I say "our family", I don't just mean the husband, kids, and myself. It is truly turning out to be a big group effort. Of course, we're trying to do as much ourselves as possible to save money. But, all of the behind the scenes work has required LOTS of extra babysitting from our family members. We are so grateful for all of their help!

The girls eagerly participated in a little groundbreaking ceremony for us!

And then, some real dirt was dug! My father in law has spent countless hours working on the excavation for our house.


We're now in the midst of framing and making more decisions than I ever thought was possible. It's been a lot of fun and made me really appreciate my husband. It makes life a lot easier when we typically agree on selections and have similar attitudes towards life in our new house.


The girls are showing off their new playroom. They're pretty excited about the whole thing and are anxious to see their new room!

Let's be honest, we're ALL pretty excited about the whole thing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment