Monday, March 26, 2012

Pipe Fitted


Last week, I shared my Powder Bathroom Reveal and you could see my towel bar made out of plumbing pipe and parts.  I wanted to quickly share how these were put together.



It really couldn't have been much easier.  We just took some rough measurements in the bathroom to get an idea of an approximate size for the pieces.  Then, we went to Home Depot and scoped out the plumbing aisle.  We knew we needed flanges for attaching to the wall, then we just got some straight pieces that would work for the length and depth.  We bought three 90 degree turn pieces for the "corners" and a screw on cap for the toilet paper holder.

We ended up getting a combination of black pipe and galvanized pipe to get the sizes we wanted, so I gave them both a coat of flat black paint once they were all screwed together.



They're sturdy, functional, and fit very well with our industrial/upcycled/funky/farmhouse vibe.

I have a much larger house project that used the same plumbing pipe, but I need to get some good photos before I share that.  Just trying to keep you on the edge of your seats!  :)

17 comments:

  1. Tagged you in a blog tag game

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/tagim-it-again.html

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the industrial look of these mixed with your rustic elements!! :) If you'd like another place to share it I'm hosting a link party today with a few fellow bloggers. It's all about the easy peasy, super simple tips and projects. I'd be great to see you linked up. :)
    http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/diy-spring-wreath-painted-with-seaglass-and-driftwood/
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for linking up, I am pinning this. :)
      Karah

      Delete
  3. I LOVE these - very industrial chic! They go amazingly well with that fantastic sink!
    So glad you joined our Link party!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea! Totally industrial. I need this in upstairs bathroom...thanks so much for the inspriation!

    Thanks for linking up to the party :)


    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! Loving the final look -- and love the "easy on" toilet roll holder ...

    Thanks so much for linking it up at our "It's a Cinch" party!

    :)

    Linda
    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping over from the Cinch party. One son has pipe fittings as shelves etc., so I had to stop and check your bathroom items out. I love them.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, cool, cool! New follower! :-)

    Erika @ Bliss Images and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these holders! This is so chic and so creative that I pinning it. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them and they go perfectly with your new vanity!
    Beautiful work
    Susan
    Homeroad

    ReplyDelete
  10. The PERFECT finishing details to this room! I love this!

    Shared on FJI Facebook and pinned for SNS 127. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150741016691141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tutorial! I made the TP holder, towel rod, and also made a washcloth holder (smaller version of TP holder). I spray painted them all kelly green and that's what inspired me to do the entire bathroom in a Super Mario Bros theme! It turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds AWESOME! I would love to see some pics of the bathroom!

      Delete
  12. This is very crafty, Jamie! And this also reminds me of the Water Pipes game. Are you familiar with it? You can actually connect more pipes and make some kind of a wall mural. That would take quite a lot of pipes and fittings though. XD If you’re considering it, you should start collecting faulty plumbing parts now. :) -->Gayle

    ReplyDelete